DPO is one way your neighbors and friends work together to ensure the beauty, lifestyle and cultural resources that make our County so wonderful will be preserved for future generations to discover and enjoy. As a forum for discussing land use issues, DPO recognizes that:
- Many issues face Door County;
- On any important issue there will be diverse points of view;
- Non-resident property owners need a voice and a place to be heard;
- Year-round residents have concerns that may differ from those part-time residents deem most critical;
- Everyone’s viewpoint is important;
- The better we understand each other, the more effectively we can work together to reach our common goals.
DPO offers a place where your voice will be heard. Your views will help shape our advocacy and outreach activities. Join us and get to know our members: people like you working to make Door County a better place to live, work and visit.